Tuesday, January 29, 2013

No more waiting I've got some catching up to do! 1/52

Hello there!
I hope everyone had a lovely christmas and new years! I have started this year with a huge list of things I'd like to do which left me with little spare time. Now that things have settled down I'm ready to take on another thing on my list: more regular blogging! Whoo!! I've even written up a schedule so far it has seemed to help! 
So I've got some catching up to do!!

First off this christmas Brian was so generous and got me a dslr! It has been wonderful I am so grateful. 

I do have something embarrassing to admit though... I've lost my touch with photography. Yes this is coming from someone who went to college for photography (why did I ever stop doing something I loved so???) To make sure I get back into the thing I once loved and lived for I've given myself a project for the year: one portrait a week of Avery 1/52. I originally thought of a photo a day project but that just seems too much to take on I don't want to burn myself out while I'm just starting (not to mention I don't think I'd have the time) I then thought well why dont I do something different something that really pushes me (ie: self portrait, landscape, indoors etc..) but I'll be honest I can't think of a better subject than my daughter since she is my life right now and even though I may not be pushing myself to a higher potential or doing something that is a little well.. cliche? I'm okay with that. 

So far I've done well! I have actually stuck to it and I find myself bringing my camera along with me more and more and I seem to be getting the knack for my camera (is it just me or does each camera seem to have it's own personality if you know what I mean?) though I'm still stuck on auto mode but I'll get back to shooting manual eventually!

One problem I am having is narrowing it down to one photo!! (does it really have to be one photo a week?) So for now I'll do a few pictures a week until I'm able to edit it down to one photo. I've always had a problem editing it down since high school! Anyone have any tips?

For now I will post 1/52 and over the next few days I will be posting 2, 3, and 4 up until sunday when I post 5/52!

 I have to cheat a little bit on the first week, I hadn't yet decided to take on the 1/52 project and did'nt pick up the new camera much. Here are some from that saturday, though the ones I really like have brian in the photo also (I think for the project I want Avery to be the focus in the shot though I have not yet decided) I honestly have no idea which I would choose for the project but I can figure that out later!


Reaching for my hand, something I see every day!

Picking something of the ground pretty typical!

My favorite that expression on her face!







No comments:

Post a Comment